Puma Energy Procurement Graduate Opportunity 2023Supply Chain / Logistics / Warehousing Learnerships / Traineeships 2024
Jobs In Johannesburg 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ensure the business has a timely supply of goods and materials it requires. Demonstrate value for money for the company in the country when money is being spent with suppliers. Apply Puma Energy’s Procurement processes ensuring all necessary controls, approvals and reporting are carried out in the country.
Planning, Operations and Monitoring
- Initiate, lead and coordinate all procurement activities (processing requisitions, creating purchase orders, spot purchases, tenders, negotiation, expediting supply, supply market intelligence, benchmark) related to his/her country
- Proposes, negotiates, and ensures the appropriate Procurement Service Levels to the business within the country, including cost/benefits objectives
- Monitor and report Procurement KPIs for his / her country (e.g. savings, number of tenders)
- Is responsible for controlling the supplier’s payment terms under the Procurement scope
- Leads initiatives pursuing optimization of the Total Cost of Ownership, establishing plans, directions and controls
- Perform price benchmark to ensure that Puma Energy prices are consistent within the market
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Sourcing and Negotiation
- Validates country targets and consolidates the country’s negotiations to ensure the best costs/benefits for the company
- Lead multi-discipline teams in charge of negotiations for his / her country
- Creatively explore different alternative approaches in negotiation agreements to achieve the greatest cost reduction for Puma Energy
- Identify, propose and lead savings initiatives related to:
- Technical requirements (e.g. standardization, value engineering)
- Volumes (e.g. consolidation/rationalization)
- Vendors market (e.g. new vendors sourcing)
- Price (e.g. payment terms, warranty, lump-sum, life cycle)
- Co-responsible with Regional Procurement and Global Sourcing to implement regional and global negotiations within the country and evaluate the local impact of the company’s procurement policies
- Propose, validate, initiate and follow up vendor qualification requests (KYC)
- Build/maintain a network of contacts and develop top-country Procurement relationships with suppliers
- Represents Puma Energy to suppliers, ensuring suppliers know what is expected of them and markets the opportunity for suppliers to supply Puma Energy
Selecting suppliers and contracting
- Define/propose short lists of vendors for RFP or for RFQ
- Pilot and organize RFQ
- Negotiate commercial terms of contracts
- Ensures that the outcomes of negotiation are translated into contracts (Frame Agreements)
- Cooperation with the Legal department for all contracts
- Manage contracts/issues (e.g. vendors dispute, invoices, warranty) in close cooperation with stakeholders
- Monitor and report on the contract’s performance and savings
- Organize contract reviews during the execution of contract/return on experience at the end of the contract
- Be the primary point of contact for the country relating to all non-oil procurement activities supporting the general management team
- Assure implementation of Procurement policies, programs and procedures, and provide guidance and advice to the business and country management
- Have a clear understanding of functional areas challenges and opportunities regarding Procurement matters to provide guidance and advice in decision-making processes
- Understanding the main difference in business activities and processes at Puma Energy (e.g. Retail, Maintenance, Operations, Aviation, etc.)
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- Undergraduate degree
- Strong Learning & Development administration experience and ability to work methodically and accurately
- Ability to analyze Learning & Development data effectively
- Able to embrace the changing business environment
- Shows initiative to resolve issues but also to escalate when necessary
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to be able to communicate effectively with line management, colleagues and stakeholders
- Basic application in the ability to create innovative solutions to business challenges
- Fluent in English and local language
- Customer Service oriented
- Ability to deal with difficult situations
- Time management
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.