Burgiss Graduate Programme 2023Graduate Learnerships / Traineeships 2024
Jobs In Western Cape 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Burgiss is a global, market-leading provider of data and analytics solutions for investors. With over 30 years of expertise in alternative investments, we offer unrivalled data, analytics, and transparency that enable asset owners, asset managers, and financial intermediaries to evaluate and manage complex portfolios. Burgiss’ solutions serve 1,000+ clients in more than 30 countries, delivering data that represents over $15 trillion in assets.?
With offices throughout the Americas, EMEA, and Asia Pacific, we leverage our network and expertise so that we can service our clients by focusing on their varying needs across regions.
ABOUT THE GRADUATE PROGRAM:
As part of the Burgiss Graduate Programme, your primary function will be a Financial Data Analyst and you will be upskilled across several areas of Data Operations under a structured development programme to ensure you’re exposed to the multi-faceted aspects of data capture. The information gathered assists our institutional investor clients to better understand their complex portfolio composition as well as measure investment performance and risk.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Your journey will include processing and requesting of financial statements received from investment managers. You will learn how to perform research on private companies, analyze private capital reporting, and ultimately be responsible for the identification, aggregation, and capture of data. This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant, fast-growing, and dynamic team and help contribute to the gold standard of research-quality private capital data.
After the 2-year graduate programme, you would have gained valuable insights into the reporting of private equity fund transactional data as well as private company characteristics and financial statement metrics to become a well-rounded Financial Data Analyst who will be able to perform across various Data Operations teams.
- Follow established document and data processing policies and procedures
- Detailed review and analysis of private capital fund financial reporting and online resources to accurately identify relevant fund and company-level financial data
- Capture, enhance and maintain large volumes of financial data
- Develop an in-depth understanding of fund valuations, capital flows, performance reporting methodologies, financial statement metrics and industry classification standards
- Perform audits and other quality control functions
- Effectively communicate details of reporting and compilation methodologies in response to client-directed requests
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- A final-year Post-Graduate Commerce degree in Finance/Accounting/Economics (NQF 8+)
- A minimum grade-point average of 70% throughout the university tenure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, meet processing deadlines, and demonstrate flexibility with delivery of assignments
- Analytical thinking, organization efficiency, desire to improve processes and automate procedures
- Team player – ability to work well in a team, professional and respectful to colleagues
- Strong professional verbal and written communication in English
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.