Pension Funds Adjudicator Legal Learnerships 2022 / 2023Legal Learnerships / Traineeships 2024
Jobs In Pretoria 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
The Office of the Pension Funds Adjudicator (OPFA) is established in terms of section 30B of the Pension Funds Act, 24 of 1956 to dispose of pension fund complaints lodged in terms of the Act in a procedurally fair, economical and expeditious manner.
LEGAL LEARNERSHIPS (X3) Pretoria Office, Ashlea Gardens
Remuneration: The position offers a Market-related salary
The OPFA is currently recruiting legal candidates to embark on an outstanding development opportunity. The learnership will be for a period of twelve (12) months.
- Attend to walk-in complaints in lodging new complaints
- Draft and send initial letters to the parties
- Draft and send reply/follow-up letters
- Ensure documents are sent to the correct parties
- Receive responses and replies as well as saving them on Software system (Respond)
- Engage and Investigation of complaints as well as drafting of determinations in terms of the workflow
- Engage with parties to a complaint in relation to the administrative aspects of the file/investigation
- Prepare draft letters based on research and direction given by the Team Leader
- Request for reply to letters from complainant
- Request confirmation of settlement from the parties
- Peruse responses from parties and advice the team leader if further information is required
- Follow up on undertakings to respond
- Request all necessary investigation reports
- Keep record of all files allocated to them
- Keep all correspondence relating to a complaint together including telephone calls, emails, etc
- Submit weekly and monthly statistics to the team leader
CONTINUE READING BELOW
Minimum Requirements and Key Competencies:
- LLB Degree
- Certificate in Pension Funds law (Added advantage)
- Practical Legal Training (Added Advantage)
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Communication and listening skills (verbal and written)
- Self-motivated, planning and organising, resilience
- Ability to analyse, interpret, solve problems and making of legal arguments to reach a conclusion
- Good writing skills with the ability to express complex concepts
- Ability to make investigative decisions in the resolution of complaints
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.