Media24 Journalism Internship Programme 2022 / 2023Advertising / Media / Communication Internships 2024
Jobs In Cape Town 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Ever wanted to work at Landbouweekblad magazine? Media24 has an internship position in its Cape Town office for a digitally savvy journalist as part of the Media24 Graduate Programme to start in February.
What you’ll be doing:
- Producing stories for Media24 platforms, either in the world of news at News24 and The Witness, or in the world of magazines at YOU, Drum or True Love.
- Working on social media platforms in various formats, including video.
- Assisting the team with uploading content when required.
- Scouring the web for interesting stories that our audiences will love.
- Assisting with curating content or compiling newsletters that our audiences will want to open.
- Assisting with producing/managing digital campaigns.
- The opportunity to rotate between other divisions in Media24 for additional exposure.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- you have a degree or diploma in journalism, languages, politics of media studies.
- you love stories and storytelling no matter what format and platform.
- you can write like a dream but are also interested in digital media.
- you’re capable of producing engaging videos that can hold attention for more than 20 seconds.
- you are comfortable shooting a video on a smartphone.
- you’re curious about the world and the people who live in it.
- you’re hungry to learn and grow.
Some skills we need:
- Excellent storytelling skills both in words and in video format.
- The ability to work fast and cope under pressure.
- The ability to find a fresh angle on a story and to generate original ideas.
- Excellent general knowledge.
- Good knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Excellent knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, and TikTok.
- The ability to work in a team and take direction from an editor.
- Drive, energy and basic awesomeness.
- Ability to write in Afrikaans.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.