City of Cape Town Fire Fighter Learnerships 2023Government Learnerships / Traineeships 2024
Jobs In Cape Town 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
Department: Fire Services
Basic Salary: R189 127 per annum
- Grade 12 qualification (Mathematics and Physical Science preferred)
- 18 years or older
- Must not suffer from fear of confined spaces or heights
- Must be medically and physically fit
- Must be able to work in a team and cope with stressful situations
- No Criminal Record
- Must successfully complete the Firefighter 1NFPA 1001, Hazmat Awareness NFPA 1072, Hazmat Operations NFPA 1072 and First Aid Level 3 courses presented by the learning institution
CONTINUE READING BELOW
All shortlisted candidates will be required to undertake and pass the following compulsory fitness test
- Reach test (1.9 m)
- 2.4 km run (Males 11 minutes and Females 13 minutes)
- Push-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Sit-ups (30 in 60 seconds)
- Dead load carries (2 x 25 kg drums over a distance of 100 m)
Candidates who pass the above physical test will
- be required to pass a written assessment and an interview
- be required to submit their fingerprints or identity numbers for the purpose of checking criminal records.
- No other criminal clearances will be acceptable
- be required to undergo a City medical evaluation
- be required to undergo a compulsory drug test at a City testing center
- be required to pass a claustrophobia and acrophobia test (fear of confined spaces and fear of heights)
Please note: Successful candidates will sign a non-permanent contract position for duration of training. Candidates will only be appointed to a permanent Learner Fire Fighter position on successful completion of the prescribed training programme.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
« Go back to the jobs list
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.