City of Johannesburg Legal Internship Programme 2022 / 2023Legal Internships 2024
Jobs In Johannesburg 2024
A Must Read Article: 10 checks to identify fraudulent or scam job offers
1. Patiently scroll down and read the job description below.
2. Scroll down and find how to apply or mode of application for this job after the job description.
3. Carefully follow the instructions on how to apply.
4. Always apply for a job by attaching CV with a Cover Letter / Application Letter.
An internship programme is an intervention by the City of Johannesburg to address the growing demand by a tertiary institution for students to undergo on-the-job exposure, as a pre-requisite to acquire an academic qualification or as a requirement after the acquisition of academic qualification to obtain experiential training. The City is committed to providing work-based training for students.
The City of Johannesburg (CoJ), Group Legal and Contracts Department has the following Internship opportunity available for a period NOT exceeding eighteen (18) months
DEPARTMENT: Group Legal and Contracts
BRANCH: Litigation Management
- (Qualification completed with min 360 credits): R9 043,21 pm (Basic Salary, no benefits)
- (Enrolled as a student): R3 500,00 pm (Basic salary, no benefits)
LOCATION: Metropolitan Centre, 158 Civic Boulevard, Braamfontein
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- To render comprehensive legal assistance to the Group Legal and Contracts department of the City related to the preparation and filing of documents report writing and undertaking research.
- Evaluate and assess all legal matters which are instituted against the City to ensure that any legal claims against the Council, municipal entities, third parties and other stakeholders are minimised and that the interests of the council are legally protected.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS:
- Provide legal assistance and administrative support to the Group Legal Contracts department as well as Municipal Entities (ME’s)
- Perform tasks associated with the provision of general office support and a telephonic service.
- Manage the litigation management unit by executing specific instructions and applying laid down procedures with regards to managing and coordinating the litigation office by interacting with Directors, Deputy Directors, and Legal Advisors and externally with the Legal practitioner and another service with regards to process documents.
- Record and maintain information on manual and electronic files and control sheets and collate information in order to produce statistics which policies and trends and for audit purposes.
- Manage the litigation management administration activities.
- Grade12/NQF 4;
- National Diploma in Law / Legal Assistance / Paralegal or related field (NQF level 6)
- Only City of Joburg residents will be considered.
CONTINUE READING BELOW
- CustomerCare Management
- Computer literacy (MS Word and Excel);
- Good communication and coordinating skills;
- Time management and multi-tasking;
- Attention to detail.
- Language proficiency (reading and writing) in English and excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills;
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Conflict resolution ability;
- Good People skills
RELATED JOBS >> CLICK A JOB BELOW TO VIEW & APPLY
- Do not pay any fee to any Recruiter.
- The Recruiter may amend, delete or expire jobs at any time without notification.
- The Recruiter reserves the right not to proceed with filling the position.
- An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview.